Board of Trustees
The Dr. Bukar Usman Foundation is run by a ten (10) member registered Trustees whose
names and brief bio-data are as follows:
1. Dr. Bukar Usman, OON,
the President of the Foundation is an alumnus of King's College Lagos and Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria and former Permanent
Secretary in the Presidency. He is currently Director of several companies.
2. Mrs. Raliat Dupe Usman a Trustee and Secretary of the Foundation is a professional Secretary and Caterer. She
is the Managing Director of Dupcy's (Nigeria) Limited and Creamland (Nigeria) Limited.
3. Chief Dennis Onyemaechi Odife a Trustee is an alumnus of King's College Lagos and
Columbia University in America. An Economist, a Banker, a Stockbroker,
a former University don and author of several books, Chief Odife is currently the Chairman Centrepoint Investment Limited
and Upland Natural Waters Ltd as well as Chairman of the Governing Council of the International Centre for Economic, Social
and Public Policy Analysis and Research (ICESPAR), Onitsha. He is also a Director in several companies.
4. Professor Osatohamwen Frank Giwa-Osagie, OON, a Trustee is an alumnus of
King's College Lagos and Fellow of the Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynecology. The pioneer Chairman of the National
Hospital, Abuja and past President of the West African College of Surgeons, Professor Giwa-Osagie is currently a Consultant
at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, the proprietor of Omni Medical Centre & Advanced Fertility Clinic Onikan,
Lagos and Chairman Marina Medical Services (HMO) Limited.
Ebitimi Emmanuel Banigo a Trustee is an alumnus of King's College Lagos, State University of New York and Harvard University,
USA. An Economist and a Banker by profession, Chief Banigo was former Minister of Science & Technology.
(6) Arc. Usman Karaye Umaru a Trustee is an alumnus of the Odessa Institute of Engineering,
USSR. An Architect by profession, Arc. Umaru is currently the President and Chief Executive Officer of D&B Ltd, a Design
and Build Firm, based in Abuja.
(7) Dr. Fiama Diggira Mshelia a
Trustee is an alumnus of the University of Lagos and former Chairman of the National Eye Centre, Kaduna. A Medical Practitioner
by profession, Dr. Mshelia is the proprietor of Fuma Clinic in Kaduna and Director in several companies.
(8) Pastor Samuel Osivwemu a Trustee is an alumnus of the Auchi Polytechnic, a Chartered
Accountant, a Pastor and a Banker by profession. Pastor Osivwemu is currently the Managing Director of Utako Micro Finance
(9) Alhaji Abdu Usman a Trustee is an alumnus of the
Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. A professional Accountant, Abdu Usman is currently the Permanent Secretary Borno State Ministry
of Finance, Maiduguri.
(10) Mrs. Kehinde Mopelola Adebutu
a Trustee is an alumnus of the Lagos University Teaching Hospital and a Lab Technologist by profession.
Functions of the Board of Trustees
The Board of Trustees' functions include:
1. Giving general directions to the foundation.
2. Formulating policies and programmes as well as organizing activities in furtherance of the organization's
3. Sourcing funds to be used to enhance the organization's
capacity to carry out its activities.
4. Investing the organization's
seed money provided by the trustees, in a manner that sustains its value and enhances the foundation's capacity to execute
its activities on a sustainable basis.
5. Deciding on cases requiring
assistance and determining the nature and quantum of the assistance to be rendered.
6. Monitoring all disbursements to beneficiaries to ensure that they are used for the purposes for which they
7. Preparing statutory and other periodic reports
on the organization's activities and disseminating as appropriate .
8. Employing personnel, as may be required, for the foundation's administration and activities and determining
their conditions of service and remuneration.